MY Access!® Frequently Asked Questions
- What is MY Access!®?
- How will MY Access!® benefit my students?
- How will teachers and students interact with the MY Access!® program?
- Does MY Access!® have lesson plans and other instructional materials available?
- What are the technical requirements?
- How do I know my computer meets the minimum technical requirements needed in order to use the MY Access!® program?
- Is home/remote/community-based access available to students and educators?
- How does the IntelliMetric® artificial intelligence scoring engine work?
- How accurate is IntelliMetric®?
What is MY Access!®?
How will MY Access!® benefit my students?
Research supports that writing is the one area where we can have the broadest and most immediate impact on student achievement across the entire curriculum. Writing is the one focus that cuts across all subject areas. Writing enhances students’ cognitive skills and, as a bonus, affords teachers a clear view of what their students are and are not gaining from their instruction.
With the MY Access!® writing program, students can:
- Increase the frequency of their writing.
- Develop a repertoire of prewriting, drafting, organizing and revising strategies.
- Receive automatic feedback on scoring for the five traits of effective writing (focus and meaning, content and development, organization, language use and style, and mechanics and conventions).
- Learn to use rubrics for self-guided instruction.
- Revise their essays and receive new scores for their revisions.
- Be directed to explanations and developmental activities for any of the five traits based upon on the needs shown by their prior work.
- Have access to a Writer’s Guide with over 70 developmental activities that help you and your students work hard and work smart to improve their writing in all five traits or domains.
- Provide an electronic writing portfolio for students and teachers with holistic and analytic formative assessment information.
Your desktop PC and/or laptop computer needs to have the following minimum technical specifications:
How do I know my computer meets the minimum technical requirements needed in order to use the MY Access!® program?
It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3 to get started using MY Access!®. It is, however, necessary for your computer to meet the minimum requirements for use of the program.
- The MY Access! website is located at www.myaccess.com. Located on the top right section of the log-in screen is a “System Requirements Check” link. Please check to see what has been updated and what has not been updated on your computer(s). This check must be done on each computer that will be accessing the MY Access! program. If any feature has a “fail” in its version check, please upgrade to the specified version. In addition, it would be helpful to complete the web-based technical form located below the diagnostic evaluation section of the systems requirement check. This information will be sent directly to the support team to further assist in trouble-shooting potential problems.
- Review the Home User: MY Access! Technical Requirements. This will provide additional information to assist in successfully using the program. The Home User Technical Requirements document is available once you login. Locate the Resources link in the upper right hand corner. This will open in a new window and display helpful resources including User’s Guides and Technical Requirement Documentation.
- If you have made the necessary changes and are still having trouble meeting the specified requirements, please contact technical support for help at 1-800-322-0848 or email@example.com.