MY Access®! College Prep
Why is College writing so important?
Writing is a skill required across college majors. In many cases, writing will be the primary basis upon which your coursework is judged. While writing at the high school level focused primarily on the who, what, when, and where of a given subject, college writing places much more emphasis on the how and the why. College instructors expect you to analyze and interpret facts in much greater detail and depth.
First, you learn to write…
When developing your college writing skills, you’ll focus on the process of writing itself: planning, organizing, drafting, revising, and editing. You’ll learn to clearly form ideas, link them together in meaningful ways, and express them concisely, all while obeying the “rules” or conventions of writing.
…then, you write to learn.
Understanding the writing process quickly becomes a means to reaching higher academic goals and meeting instructor expectations. As your writing improves, you’ll find it easier to organize, clarify, and communicate your message across a broad range of subjects.
How does MY Access!® College Prep help?
- MY Access!® guides you through the process of writing and revising to improve your writing skills and build confidence in your abilities.
- MY Access!® is completely Web-based, so there’s no software to load. It’s accessible anywhere you have a computer and an Internet connection-at home, at school, or at the library.
- Self-paced and interactive lessons focused on college-level tasks guide you through the writing process: planning, organizing, drafting, revising, and editing.
- Instant and accurate feedback keeps you motivated as you continue to improve your writing.
What is Included?
Each 12-month subscription to MY Access!® College Prep includes:
- Ten writing topics that mimic college-level writing tasks.
- Self-paced, on- and off-line lessons to guide you through the writing process: planning, organizing, drafting, revising, and editing.
- Immediate scoring and individualized feedback through the powerful, award-winning artificial intelligence scoring engine: IntelliMetric®.
- Detailed, prescriptive revision plans that target the key traits of writing: focus, content development, organization, language use, and grammar.
- A writing portfolio enabling you to monitor your progress.
- A word processor with editing and writing tools including a thesaurus, grammar-checker, spell-checker, and word bank to help you vary and develop your vocabulary.
MY Access!® is completely Web-based, so there’s no software to load and it’s accessible anywhere you have a computer and Internet connection—at home, at school, or at the library.